Picker Elliott estate agents are delighted to have the rare opportunity to market this exceptional period family home set in fantastic grounds overlooking The Mead to the rear. The Mead House is a detached residence within the conservation area of Hill Street, in easy reach of Hinckley town centre with its choice of shops and amenities. We are informed the house was individually designed in 1936 by a local architect and still retains period features to include, Oak panelling, oak floors, ornamental lead sheet to the rear bays and beautiful stain glass windows. There is planning permission for an additional double bedroom to the side, with garage below. (17/00227/HOU). A brief description of the spacious accommodation comprises of a delightful reception hall, separate lounge and dining room with Loggia, breakfast kitchen, extensive landing, three lovely bedrooms and a family bathroom with separate w.c. Outside, there is ample parking to the front and a large mature garden to the rear. NO CHAIN. Early viewing is highly recommended.
With period flooring leading to
With oak wooden flooring, beautiful oak panelling, useful under stairs storage, two feature period stain glass windows, double radiator and door to
5.31m x 3.25m (17'5 x 10'8)
With glazed window to front, additional glazed windows, glazed door to side, door to useful walk in larder housing boiler, range of base and wall units, drainer sink with mixer taps, and radiator
4.45m x 3.66m (14'7 x 12'0)
With picture rail, oak flooring, feature fireplace with oak surround, tiled hearth and backing, sliding patio door leading to loggia overlooking the rear garden and park
4.14m (into bay) x 3.66m (13'7 (into bay) x 12'0)
With feature double glazed bay window to rear (overlooking the garden and park) glazed window to side and double radiator
With plumbing for washing machine, frosted glass window to side, and tiled flooring
With wood panelling, stain glass windows, doors to useful storage cupboard and further doors to
4.65m x 4.37m (to wardrobes) (15'3 x 14'4 (to wa
A double bedroom with double glazed window to rear (overlooking garden and park), built in wardrobes and radiator
4.47m x 3.76m (14'8 x 12'4)
A double bedroom with double glazed bay window to rear (overlooking the garden and park), glazed window to side and radiator
3.10m x 2.29m (10'2 x 7'6)
With double glazed window, radiator and useful storage cupboard
2.74m x 2.29m (9'0 x 7'6)
With frosted double glazed window, panel bath with shower over, tiling to splashback areas, vanity sink unit, storage cupboard with lagged hot water cylinder and double radiator.
With low-level flush WC and frosted glazed window to side
There is ample off-road parking in front of the house. To the side, currently laid to lawn with decorative borders, plans have been passed for an extension consisting of a garage with a double bedroom above.
This is mainly laid to lawn with surrounding timber fence, hedges, and large shed with The Mead to the rear. Permission has also been granted for the felling of the large conifer tree in the rear garden, so the garden could be opened up more if required.
The property was built as a family house, but for some years has been used as offices. Now that it will once again be used as residential, we are waiting for the Council Tax Band to be confirmed. There is a large conifer in the rear garden which has permission to be felled.
1. These particulars have been prepared in all good faith to give a fair overall view of the property. If any points are particularly relevant to your interest in the property please ask for further information.
2. Nothing in these particulars shall be deemed to be a statement that the property is in good structural condition or otherwise, nor that any services, appliances, equipment or facilities are in good working order. Purchasers should satisfy themselves on such matters prior to purchase.
3. The photograph/s depict only certain parts of the property. It should not be assumed that any contents, furnishings/furniture etc. photographed are included in the sale. It should not be assumed that the property remains as displayed in the photograph/s. No assumptions should be made with regard to parts of the property that have not been photographed. Please ask for further information if required.
4. Any areas, measurements or distances referred to are given as a guide only and are not precise. If such details are fundamental to a purchase, purchasers must rely on their own enquiries or those which can be performed by their appointed advisers.
5. Where reference is made to planning permissions or potential uses such information is given in good faith. Purchasers should however make their own enquiries into such matters prior to purchase.
6. Descriptions of the property are subjective and are used in good faith as an opinion and NOT as a statement of fact. Please make further specific enquiries to ensure that our descriptions are likely to match expectations you may have of the property.
7. The information in these particulars is given without responsibility on the part of the Sole Agents or their Clients. The particulars do not form any part of an offer or a contract and neither the Sole Agents not their employees has any authority to make or give any representations or warranty in relation to this property.
8. All main services are understood to be connected but have not been tested by the Agents.
9. We accept no liability for the content of the video and recommend a full physical viewing as usual before you take steps in relation to the property (including incurring expenditure).
10. Copyright and Social Media: Unless we agree otherwise with you in writing, we hold the copyright on all photographic and video marketing material used to market your home and these should not be reproduced by any third party without our express consent. Furthermore, we reserve the right to use these for marketing initiatives in order to promote your property or the Company. We may use various options for marketing including all social media and mailing campaigns and should you have any concerns relating to this then you should let us know as soon as possible.
MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS - Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.