A truly stunning example of a period cottage, which dates back to approximately 1850 set within a private position, away form the main road in the highly desirable village of Thurlaston. The property has been sympathetically improved by the current owners to offer fantastic accommodation whilst still retaining its period features and charm. In brief, the accommodation comprises, entrance hall, spacious lounge with multi fuel burner, sitting room with inglenook, dining room and a refitted kitchen with integrated appliances and quartz work tops. On the first floor, the landing leads to four large bedrooms (master with a refitted ensuite), refitted shower room and separate refitted w.c. The rear garden is stunning. Offering a real tranquil forest feel, the garden is set into sections with lawns, various paths, garden room, pond play area and patio all with mature trees, plants and shrubs. A shared drive leads to a private off road parking area with ample room for several vehicles and leads to a double and a half garage ( a large double), with work shop and additional front store.
With quarry tiled flooring, exposed beams, double glazed window to front, radiator, door opening to
3.94m x 2.62m (12'11 x 8'7)
With a range of wall and base shaker style units with quartz worktops and up stand splash back area as well as tiling, under cupboard lighting, in set Bosch electric oven with in set Bosch hob and extractor fan, ceramic sink with mixer tap over, radiator, integrated dishwasher, integrated fridge- freezer, quarry tiled flooring, tongue and groove paneling, exposed beams and open through to
With wooden opaque glazed stable door to the rear, glazed window to the rear, tongue and groove paneling, tiled flooring, useful storage cupboard housing boiler and glazed door leading to
4.80m x 3.02m (15'9 x 9'11)
With glazed boxed bay window to rear with built in window seat with storage, feature fire surround with wooden beam, exposed brickwork, tiled hearth, gas log burning stove, exposed beams, dado rail, radiator and double glazed doors through to
5.05m x 3.58m (16'7 x 11'9 )
With exposed beams, double glazed window to front with wooden window shutters, television point, multi fuel stove with brick surround, tiled hearth, radiator, stairs to first floor landing and door returning to entrance hall.
3.48m x 3.18m (11'5 x 10'5 )
With stripped wooden flooring, glazed window and French doors to the rear,dado rail, exposed beams and radiator.
With spindle balustrade, door to storage area, two double glazed windows, exposed beams and further doors opening to
With low level flush WC, corner pedestal wash hand basin, tiling to splash back, picture rail, extractor fan, wooden flooring, tongue and groove paneling to half wall level.
3.33m x 3.00m (10'11 x 9'10)
With double glazed window to front, radiator, range of built in wardrobes incorporating bridging unit and window seat, further door to
Four piece suite comprising of low flush WC, vanity sink unit, enclosed and tiled shower cubicle, claw and ball roll edge bath with Victorian style shower attachment, tongue and groove paneling to half wall level, tiling to splash back areas, extractor fan. exposed beams, opaque double glazed window to side, chrome towel radiator and wooden flooring.
3.63m x 3.15m (11'11 x 10'4)
With double glazed window to the rear, radiator and exposed beams.
3.56m x 2.57m (11'8 x 8'5)
With double glazed window to the rear, radiator, laminate flooring and exposed beam.
3.25m x 2.59m (10'8 x 8'6)
With double glazed window to the front, radiator and loft access.
With enclosed tiled double shower cubicle, vanity sink unit, water fall tap, tiling to splash back, in set spot lights, wooden flooring, chrome towel radiator and extractor fan.
There is a slabbed path to the front door, feature covered storm porch, remainder is laid to lawn with surrounding well stocked mature borders, various hedges, shared gravel drive leads to off road parking providing ample space for several vehicles with gates leading to two and a half size garage with up and over garage doors.
7.72m x 5.94m (25'4 x 19'6)
With power and lighting and arch leading to
5.56m 3.05m (18'3 10'0)
With opaque glazed door and window to rear and additional storage.
Beautifully landscaped cottage garden with blocked paved various paths, pond, summer house, lawned area, surrounding in set borders with various shrubs, trees and plants, feature waterfall, play area, whole garden provides a very isolated private woodland feel and is enclosed by various hedges and fencing.
Strictly by prior appointment through Picker Elliott Estate Agents. General Information: Whilst every care has been taken in the preparation of these particulars, they are for guidance purposes only and no guarantee can be given as to the working condition of the various services and appliances. Measurements have been taken as accurately as possible, however slight discrepancies may inadvertently occur. Purchasers are advised to check all measurements critical to their requirements.
This information is available from Hinckley & Bosworth Borough Council on 01455 238141. Services: All main services are understood to be connected but have not been tested by the Agents. Fixtures and Fittings: Are specifically excluded unless mentioned in these sale particulars.
1. These particulars have been prepared in all good faith to give a fair overall view of the property. If any points are particularly relevant to your interest in the property please ask for further information.
2. Nothing in these particulars shall be deemed to be a statement that the property is in good structural condition or otherwise, nor that any services, appliances, equipment or facilities are in good working order. Purchasers should satisfy themselves on such matters prior to purchase.
3. The photograph/s depict only certain parts of the property. It should not be assumed that any contents, furnishings/furniture etc. photographed are included in the sale. It should not be assumed that the property remains as displayed in the photograph/s. No assumptions should be made with regard to parts of the property that have not been photographed. Please ask for further information if required.
4. Any areas, measurements or distances referred to are given as a GUIDE ONLY and are not precise. If such details are fundamental to a purchase, purchasers must rely on their own enquiries or those which can be performed by their appointed advisers.
5. Where reference is made to planning permissions or potential uses such information is given in good faith. Purchasers should however make their own enquiries into such matters prior to purchase.
6. Descriptions of the property are subjective and are used in good faith as an opinion and NOT as a statement of fact. Please make further specific enquiries to ensure that our descriptions are likely to match expectations you may have of the property.
7. The information in these particulars is given without responsibility on the part of the Sole Agents or their Clients. The particulars do not form any part of an offer or a contract and neither the Sole Agents not their employees has any authority to make or give any representations or warranty in relation to this property.
Free, no obligation valuations call 01455 612613. Business Hours: Monday Friday 09.00 17.30 Saturday 09.00 14.00. Picker Elliott Independent Estate Agents.